Apple fritters don't get any easier than this!
1 1/2 pounds apples, cut into rings
Neutral oil (like grapeseed or corn)
2 cups ice water
2 1/2 cups flour
3 egg yolks
1. Heat 2 inches of neutral oil in a deep pan to 350.
2. Whisk together ice water, 1 1/2 cups flour and egg yolks.
3. Put another 1 cup flour in a bowl.
4. One piece at a time, dredge apples, cut into rings, in the flour, then dip in the batter.
5. Fry each piece until golden, 5 minutes or less total.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Garnish with a drizzle of honey.
Mark Bittman NYT