Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Campari Orange Spritzer



I don't know about you, but in this heat, even the thought of alcohol makes me perspire.  I like to break the  end of the work portion of my day with a cocktail and my drink of choice is vodka on the rocks with a twist, year round.  Yet, the last couple of weeks not even a mojito seems to strike my fancy.  Alcohol, no matter how you take it, warms you up, as in warm and fuzzy feeling!  I think it's time to make a radical switch into something lighter and this spritzer is going to be my choice, at least until we get under 90 degrees!.

Although Campari is not too popular in this country, it is quite the thing in the South of Europe.  A more simple way to enjoy it is with soda and lots of ice. That's good enough for me!


Ingredients


Ice cubes

1/4 cup Campari

1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

1 1/2 cups sparkling water (recommended: San Pelligrino)

Orange slice, halved


Directions

Place the ice cubes in a highball glass. Add the Campari, orange juice, and sparkling water. Add a slice of fresh orange and serve ice cold.

2 comments:

  1. I had heard that Campari was very good but didn't know what to do with it. I did buy some. Thank you so much for sharing this. It looks and sounds like a very refreshing drink and will be my cocktail of choice this afternoon. It is sweltering in N FL too so a refreshing drink is a much needed by afternoon.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big Campari fan! Not hot here, for the moment, but this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails