Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Sunday Afternoon At The Kinsey Family Farm, Gainesville, Georgia




If you want to spend a delightful afternoon with your family this Fall, head over to the Kinsey Family Farm in Gainesville, Georgia. That's what I did this past Sunday with my daughter, my son and his family. And boy am I glad I did. Not only did I watch my granddaughter have a wonderful time posing amongst the pumpkins, but I learned a lot about pumpkins too.

I must say in back of my mind I wanted to look for some pumpkins to roast and puree in case the shortage was for real. I did not think, however, that I would be walking out with a beautiful gray pumpkin, a Jardale, to bake my pies with. The owners highly recommended it and why not! I will be cooking it this week and freezing the puree for some pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out.

The farm also provides hayrides, apple cannonballs (complete with the cows watching and waiting for one to land closeby) and a wonderful atmosphere to spend a Fall afternoon. Don't forget to bring your camera!



Kinsey Family Farm



Hayride













I think these are the ones Worth The Whisk bought for roasting!



Jardale! Pumpkin Pie here I come!



My Jardale front and center!





Have you ever seen one this big??



...or one this cute!

If you want to round up the experience, come home, light a fire and sit down to this delicious meal!

For more information visit http://kinseyfamilyfarm.com/
7170 Jot-em Down Road
Forsyth County
Gainesville, Ga 30506
Tel. 770-887-6028 Barn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails