Thursday, August 26, 2010

L'Heure Bleu










The French have a wonderful name for that time of the day which we call dusk or twilight.  It's L'Heure Bleu and it is so much nicer than the English version for it really captures the essence of the hour and the color of the sky.  It has always been my favorite time of the day, just like autumn is my favorite time of the year.  I don't want to read too much into it for it can be a bit worrisome.







Wherever I am in the world at that hour, I always stop and look up at the sky.  When my children were home and I was out and about, it was always my signal  to start heading home.   I distinctively remember being in London on business one December and rushing to grab a cab to head back before I realized it was only 4 p.m. and there was no one waiting for me at the hotel.  True story and though I laughed at the time, that memory has always stayed with me.

There is something marvelous about being in the water at that time.  The sunsets are spectacular and the colors...well, look for yourself although my pictures do not really do it justice. You might think we are all crazy swimming at that hour with our dogs, but remember, there are no sharks and nothing to come grab your legs, so what is there to worry about? the Loch Ness monster?






















Heading Home



All photos by Lindaraxa

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures of the lake and your two and four legged family. The recipes are wonderful as well. I can’t remember how I came across your blog but the title caught me immediately. My husband and I both grew up going to Lake Lanier. We have a little trailer at Lake Hartwell that is our sanctuary! Our goal is to build a house and move up there. I told my husband that when we build the house, we have to have a view of the lake from the kitchen. Currently, I have a window over the sink that has a pretty nice view. As an added bonus, we have butterfly bushes right outside the window and the hummingbirds are frequent visitors.

    Thursday’s post was perfect! Your pictures were beautiful. There is hardly anything as beautiful as the sun setting on the lake. I have included a picture of my dog, Ethel and our neighbors’ dog (our weekend dog) Buddy taking a little break from swimming.

    Thank you again for sharing.
    Clare Huckeba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Clare,

    Thank you so much for writing and sending photos of Ethel and Buddy. As you can see, we are newcomers to the lake and enjoying ourselves enormously. My main recipe blog Lindaraxa's Garden is connected, you might want to check it out for more recipes. I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting your comment to the post.

    Thank you again for writing.

    Julieta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike! Did you see my guest post on this last week?
    Love your story about London....
    How long are you staying in Miami? Is your Mother on the mend? Good luck with all....Julieta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Yes, a truly beautiful time of the day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails