Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Entertaining...A Country Brunch



If you live in the country and have a big plasma TV and a fireplace, what could be nicer than having friends for brunch on a Sunday afternoon. These days there is a solid schedule of football games throughout the weekend and unless you want to have yet another chili party, this is a nice alternative and a more relaxing way to catch up with friends and family.

Now, we are in the country and in the South so meals here are hearty and plentiful. That doesn't mean you have to spend hours in the kitchen before or after your guests arrive. This menu will allow you to get everything ready by the time everyone gets there so you can have an enjoyable time too. You can prepare most of the recipes the day before, including the shrimp, and make the french toast and the grits that morning. There are great frozen biscuits available in most supermarkets that are almost as good as the recipe below. So give yourself a break if you need to. Nobody will be the wiser!

A Country Brunch For A Crowd






Coffee

For more ideas, check out the city brunch in Lindaraxa.

5 comments:

  1. I want to come for brunch at your place! It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. My husband and I have found a wonderful farm to table restaurant and have been obsessed with their Sunday Brunch the last several weeks. What a wonderful way to kick off the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy doing brunch too especially with family. Your menu sounds wonderful and I do love, love, love Shrimp and Grits. My next family gathering may very well be a brunch and your S&G recipe will be on my menu.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to mention, when I do Mimosa's I rim my stems with Grand Marnier and then dip them in superfine sugar. I do this the night before so it will harden then when I put together the Mimosa's I put a splash of Grand Marnier in each glass. It kind of puts a Mimosa over the top. Thought you might enjoy just another little idea.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, what a compliment coming from a Southener! I love the idea of the Grand Marnier, definitely will try that next. thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails