Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hot Toddies, Roast Chicken And Brownies!


From the looks of it, winter isn't ending any time soon.  We are having friends over this weekend and I'm sure some kayaking is in the program.  It's almost worth it to brave the elements just to come home and enjoy one of these by the fire... nothing like a hot toddy after a few hours on the lake!

To simplify my life and be able to enjoy some time with my friends, I am planning on Roast Chicken With Red Potatoes and Carrots, one of my no fuzz Sunday dinners, with Brownies and Coffee Ice Cream for dessert.  How simple can that be!  The recipe is over at Lindaraxa's Garden, my main recipe blog.

Yield: serves 4

Time: 15 minutes


Ingredients


4 slices of red apple

3 cinnamon sticks

3 slices of orange

2 cloves

16 oz simple syrup (equal part sugar dissolved in water)

16 oz bourbon whiskey


Directions

Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and put over low heat. Slowly bring up to a simmer to infuse the bourbon, and keep over low heat for 5-7 minutes until the fragrance of the mixture becomes more apparent. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails